- 1 Oct - Madison Street Festival, downtown Madison, 8 AM - 6 PM. Post 229 provides a booth adjacent to Post 229's memorial park. (See Commander's email with a signupgenius.com link to volunteer.)
- 5 Oct - Welcome Home Ceremony Helping A Hero event for SSG Michael Brown by Breland Homes, etc.
Danny Marr, Lee Greenwood, Pam & Brady Rogers
- 5 Oct - NAVFOC Founders Luncheon at The Summit on Redstone Arsenal, 10:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. $20 per person. Post 229 will have a display before the luncheon starts. Contact Cdr. Vannoy if planning to attend for a reserved seat at Post 229's planned luncheon table.
- 7 Oct - Major Wooten's (105 Yrs old) Funeral...a Post 229 Member. Legion Honor Guards participated in Birmingham for the burial event.
- 13 Oct - Monthly Post 229 meeting at Black Patch Distillery, 500 Lanier Dr. Suite C3, Madison; Social at 1830; Regular meeting at 1900.
- 27 Oct - Monthly open Veterans' Breakfast at Little Libby's Catfish at 234 Lime Quarry Rd., Madison, AL - starts at 0830.
- 28-29 Oct - Scouts pick up the Parade float trailer. ICW Post 229 members, construct a flags platform, assemble and touch-up paints on the float.
- 30 Oct - Visit with Veterans at Madison Crossings 2:00 - 4:00 P.M. Wear your favorite Halloween costume.
- 4 Nov - Veteran's Prayer Breakfast, Hogan YMCA in Madison. Doors open at 6:45 A.M. Free for Veterans, see Cdr. Larry Vannoy for tickets. Given dignitaries typically, some business or military veteran attire is advised. A Sign-up Genius is available for limited seating for Post 229 members.
- 3 Nov - Monthly American Legion Post 229 Meetings: 1730 - Auxiliary; 1830 - Social; 1900 - Monthly Post 229 Meeting location moved. (Note: Due Veteran week events on 2nd Thursday of the month, the November meeting was moved up to 3 Nov.)
- 5 Nov - Veteran’s Day Flag Placement. Meet at 1000 A.M. at Madison Memory Gardens on Hughes Rd., Madison.
- 5 Nov - Post 229's Auxiliary is hosting a Veterans' Gravestone Cleaning at 11:00 A.M. at the old cemetery off Mill Rd. in Madison.
- 5-11 Nov - Poppy Handouts at Kroger at 4579 Wall Triana Blvd, 4-7 P.M. in three shifts. To sign up, see Sign-up Genius for scheduled times: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10COF45ABAB2EA3FD0-poppy3.
- 7-9 Nov - Hospice Veterans Pinnings: Please sign up at Post 229: Veterans Day Hospice Pinnings (signupgenius.com) or: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f45abab2ea3fd0-veterans3 [Note: if the sign-up link(s) do not work, contact Jean Downs directly.]
- 7 Nov - (In Huntsville)
1.) Huntsville Health & Rehab 4010 Cris Dr. SW, Huntsville at 10:30-11:00 A.M.;
2.) Regency H&R & Retirement Village 2004 Max Luther Dr. NW at 1:30-2:00 P.M.
- 8 Nov - (In Madison)
1.) Madison Crossing, 11260 County Line Rd, Madison at 09:30-10:00 A.M.;
2.) Madison at the Range, 10801 County Line Rd. at 11:00-11:30 A.M.;
3.) Heritage Assisted Living, County Line Rd. Giving out Veterans Day Gifts only at 1:30 P.M.
4.) Madison Manor, 3891 Sullivan Street at 2:30:-3:00 P.M.
- 9 Nov - (In Madison)
1.) Madison Village, 6016 Wall Triana Hwy at 09:30-10:00 A.M.;
2.) Valley View Health & Rehab, 5968 Wall Triana Hwy at 11:00-11:30 A.M. and
3.) Merrill Gardens, 121 Brookridge Dr. at 2:30-3:00 P.M.
- 8-10 Nov - Veteran Week Events at Madison City Schools: Note: Post 229's Float Parade participation is yet to be determined.
- 8 Nov - Monrovia Middle School Veteran Breakfast at 0830, followed by assembly in the gym. (Enter the back of the gym between 0830-0845 (No float trailer...)
- 9 Nov - Columbia School Parade at 9 A.M. (With Post 229's Trailer). Meet at Stacey Harring's house at 106 Tweed in Madison NLT at 08:30 or earlier to decorate.
- 9 Nov - Mill Creek Elementary Parade at 1 P.M. (With Post 229's Trailer) Staging at Dog park on Balch rd 12:30.
- 9 Nov - Heritage Elementary Parade- 09:00 A.M. Just Line up and drive through - (No float trailer...)
- 10 Nov - Discovery Middle School Parade at 9:00 A.M. 1st Assembly at 0830; breakfast at 0915; 2nd assembly at 1000. (No float trailer...)
- 10 Nov - Midtown Elementary School Parade at 9:00 A.M. (With Post 229's Trailer)
- 10 Nov - Liberty Middle School Assembly in the gym; Program 1: 08:30-9:20; Program 2: 09:30-10:30; Program 3: 12:35-13:35; Lunch: 10:45-12:15 (all invited to lunch - contact Jean Downs (256-929-8450. The school is requesting RSVPs for lunch.) (No float trailer...)
- 10 Nov - Rainbow Elementary. Hallway stroll. RSVP's requested.
- 11 Nov - Veterans Day Event: Huntsville Veterans Day Parade, Personnel will initially meet at the VA center to finalize decorating the trailer(s) and loading up before heading downtown. Post 229 provided a "Float" for this event with Boy Scout Troop 201, 3 Girl Scouts, and several Floyd E. "Tut" Fann State Veteran Home veterans.
- 11 Nov - Floyd E. Tut Fann State Veterans' Home Program & refreshments at 2:00 P.M. Guest Speaker: LTG Daniel Karbler, CG, U.S. Army Space, and Missile Command.
- 12 Nov - Boy Scout Troop 201 is hosting a Blood Drive ICW Post 229 at Fire Station #1 at the corner of 101 Mill Rd. and Hughes Rd. from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Generally, persons in good health between 17 and 65 are eligible to donate blood. Donors older than 65 need a special blood center medical director's permission. Signup: https://donors.lifesouth.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/770861
- 19 Nov - Veterans Day Flag Pick up. Meet Post 229 team at 1000 at Madison Memory Gardens on Hughes Rd., Madison.
- 21 Nov - Game Night at Tut Fann at 6-8 P.M. (See signupgenius.com link to volunteer.) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f45abab2ea3fd0-game1
- 24 Nov - Thanksgiving Day. No veteran breakfast is scheduled.
- 28 Nov - Madison City Christmas Tree Trail Decorating was held in downtown Madison.
- 8 Dec - Special Abbreviated American Legion Post 229 Meeting/Christmas Party. Note: Only a quick meeting. FOCUS is a Post 229 and Auxiliary Holiday Social beginning at 6:00 P.M., held at Black Patch Distillery, 500 Lanier Dr. Suite C3, Madison. Family members are welcome. Bring wrapped excess candy to be sorted and used to throw to kids along the parade route at the Madison City Christmas Parade.
- 10 Dec - Madison City Christmas Parade. (With Post 229's decorated float Trailer). We are #1 in the parade. We will be staged on the Plaza at the intersection of Hughes. Our staging time is between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. Although--- participants can arrive up until 4:30 pm. The parade starts at 5:00 pm. Standing room only in the trailer to hand out candy to kids lining the streets. Boy Scouts will likely participate with Post 229 members.
- 17 Dec - Christmas Wreath Placement. Meet at 1000 at Madison Memory Gardens on Hughes Rd., Madison to place numerous wreaths at designated veteran graves.
- 19 Dec - Game night at Tut Fann, 6-8 P.M. Join the fun with Tut Fann resident veterans.
- 25 Dec - Christmas Day.