Busy Post 229 Activities Ahead:
- 16 Oct - Dave's Trailer build-up with Boy Scouts for Veteran and Christmas Parades.
- 23 Oct - Legion Post 52 Revitalization with State Representative (Membership Cold Calls) at Hartzell Post 52.
- 23 Oct - Railyard BBQ Fest, Lanier Rd, Post 229 providing Safety Detail, 1000 - 2100.
- 25 Oct - Girl Scout Gold Award Project Presentation, Madison City Council Meeting, 6 PM.
- 26 Oct - Madison County Commanders and Adjutants Meeting (at Post 237).
- 28 Oct - Veteran Breakfast at Little Libby's Catfish, 234 Lime Quarry Rd, Madison, AL.
- 5 Nov - Veterans Prayer Breakfast, Hogan YMCA, Madison. (Post 229 reserved one table for 8. However this event is open to all veterans, but requires registration NLT 16 Oct.)
- 6 Nov - Post Gravesite Flags at 4 Cemeteries (Start 1000; Assist Post 237 at Huntsville Memory Gardens, Rt. 72 at ~1200).
- 8-9 Nov - Good Samaritan Hospice (540 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL) - Post 229 visits Veterans under Hospice Care at their Homes. (Veterans TBD)
- 10 Nov - NAVFOC Veteran Dinner (1730)
- 11 Nov - Veteran Day Parade in Huntsville - starts at 1100. (2 Floats: 1. Honor Guards + 2. Tut Fan? and Post 229 members) plus Boy Scout & Auxiliary marchers.
- 11 Nov? - Veteran Recognition Dinner, Summit, Redstone Arsenal.
- 11 Nov - Post 227 Auxiliary hosting a free lunch after parade - open to all veterans.
- 11 Nov - Monthly Legion Meeting (and potential Veterans Appreciation Night) to be held at Black Patch Distillery, 500 Lanier Rd, Madison (Social by Auxiliary 1800-2100, includes food, DJ and door prizes, bring a friend).
- 20 Nov - Gravesites flag retrievals.
- 25 Nov - Veteran Breakfast at Little Libby's Catfish, 234 Lime Quarry Rd, Madison, AL.
- 18 Dec - Post 229 Christmas Wreaths Laying at Cemeteries.
- 8 Jan 2022 - Retrieval at Cemeteries.
- 22 Jan 2022 - Madison County Legion Oratorical Contest at Madison City Hall, 100 Hughes Rd. Madison, AL 35758. (Competition starts at 1000, contestants and volunteers arrive by 0930.) Contact Dan Marr at (703) 232-0297, email: email@example.com or Commander@American LegionPost229.org, (256) 258-3654 for further information.
Note: Dates are subject to change. (Also view the Post 229 Legion Website's "Calendar", Synchronize with Cdr. Vannoy's Calendar.)